Endless white beaches, great fish restaurants, delightful peacefulness. If this sounds appealing to you read on, holidays in Barbate might be just what you are looking for.
Barbate is a fishing village on Costa de la Luz sandwiched between Zahara de los Atunes and Vejer de la Frontera. The town boasts 25 kilometres of beautiful coastline perfect for summer holidaymakers. Other popular attractions of Barbate include an impressive fishing harbour, Museum of Tuna, El Faro de Trafalgar lighthouse in front of which the famous Battle of Trafalgar took place in 1805, Barbate nature park with distinctive pine forests, spectacular cliffs and sand dunes.
Barbate is recommended for summer family holidays as well as for beach and fun holidays with a group of friends. Barbate is a popular summer destination for the Spanish, very few international tourists come here.
Nearest aiport: Jerez de la Frontera.
TOP BEACHES IN BARBATE
- Zahora beach – beautiful tranquil and wide beach with golden sand, shallow water, perfect for families, never overcrowded, partially protected from winds, close to Trafalgar lighthouse
- Marisucia beach – another nice Barbate beach, popular among both families and young people, however tends to get a bit dirty after seaweeds are washed onshore by strong Levante
- Hierbabuena beach – 950-metre long, popular among surfers and divers, only a few people come here
- Canos de Meca – hidden among the cliffs, a nudist beach
- Cabo de Trafalgar – small beach, but great views