1. Albufeira beaches – located around 90 kms from the Spanish border. One of the most popular beaches in Portugal located in the touristy Albufeira. The city boasts a number of restaurants, beach bars, kids facilities, shops and most importantly easily accessible wide beaches. This makes Albufeira a great choice for family holidays. The Albuferia beaches are well-known for fine golden sand and stunning coastline full dotted with fancy cliffs.
2. Olhos de Agua beach – located around 85kms from the Spanish border. Stunning beach famous for amazing tall cliffs and spectacular sand. The beach is accessed by wooden steps. Olhos de Agua beach offers amazing views from the top of the cliffs – great spot for photographers.
3. Quarteira beaches – located around 78 kms from the Spanish border. Fantastic wide long beaches, with long promenade, located in the city of Quarteira which itself provides plenty of entertainment and shoreline accommodation to the tourists. The Quarteira beaches boast several breakwaters which make the water very safe for swimming. Another top spot for summer family holidays.
Top beaches on Costa Calida in Murcia
1. La Manga strip in Mar Menor – located around 95 kms from the Andalucia border. The Minor Sea is Europe’s largest lagoon and the La Manga beaches have been dubbed ‘a heaven between two seas.’La Manga boasts shallow and warm waters, perfect for young kids and older people. There is lots of restaurants around and a nice promenade. La Manga can get a bit busy in the summer in which case head for the nearby and much quieter Los Narejos beach.
2. Calblanque beach – located around 100kms from the Andalucia border. Situated in the nature reserve, Calblanque Natural Park, the beach stretches for more than 13 kms. The beach is quite popular among nudists and is characterised by wildlife, golden sand, sandbank sand rocky bays. If you are looking for a perfectly tranquil unspoiled beach, that’s one of the best places to go on Costa Calida. To access the beach take exit 800 on the A7 road between Alicante and Cartagena.In general, it is quite difficult to access.
3. Bolnuevo beach – located around 40kms from the Andalucia border. The 1,5 km long idyllic beach located in a small fishing village, just 6 kms from the town of Mazarron. Well-maintained, almost unspoilt. The Mazarron area boasts more than 30 km of amazing beaches full of small bays and cliffs, waiting to be explored.
Sun, sea and one of the loveliest beaches on Costa de la Luz. Zahara de los Atunes is one the best destinations for lazy, quiet family holidays on the Atlantic coastline of Andalucia. Also recommended for romantic getaway![codepeople-post-map]
The tranquil village of Zahara boasts a sensational unspoilt wide beach. Soft golden sand stretches for nearly 20 kilometres providing plenty of space for all beach goers. Even in peak season, the place in never overcrowded. Unlike many beaches on Costa del Sol where the waters can get colder depending on the wind, sea bathing is pleasurable in Zahra all summer long. The waters are shallow and crystal-clear.
Zahara is renowned for its high quality seafood. The fish restaurants, both in the city and near the beach, serve the best of fresh fish on Costa de la Luz. Best Andalucia recommends trying all tuna dishes which are superb. After all, Zahara is called the “tuna capital of Spain.”
Iconic views of Costa de la Luz
If you are a keen photographer, make sure to get to the top of Pueblo Atlanterra which lies on the hillside in the southern part of Zahara. You will be rewarded with breath-taking panoramic views of Costa de la Luz from Zahara to the cliffs in Barbate.
Zahara de los Atunes – nearest destinations: Tarifa, Cadiz
Zahara de los Atunes Holidays in Spain
Find all the practical information, helpful tips and opinions on holidays in Zahara de los Atunes, Spain. Check out Zahara de los Atunes’s bestattractions, recommended places to stay and great ideas how to spend your time. Read about the best places to eat and drink in Zahara de los Atunes, Andalucia. Zahara de los Atunes can be a perfect place for beach & fun holidays.
Best Zahara de los Atunes Hotels
Check hotels in Zahara de los Atunes in Andalucia offering good value for money. Pick the hotel that best suits you and your budget.
Holiday Rental Zahara de los Atunes
Find and rent apartments, houses and villas for summer holidays in Zahara de los Atunes, Spain. Choose from the best variety of properties. Luxury holiday homes with private pools, sports facilities and more. Have great holidays in Zahara de los Atunes, Andalusia.
One of the most visited places on Costa del Sol, Torremolinos is a multi-cultural holiday resort offering great entertainment for both a singles and a group of friends.
The little neighbor of Malaga brings thousands of tourists from all around the world each year, and is especially popular among the British summer tourists and expats. This ‘Spanglish’ town abounds in fish-and-chips restaurants, small British shops and English-speaking businesses, so the visitors from the UK can feel truly at home here.
Torremolinos is famous for its thriving vivid nightlife, good range of pubs and bars, great shopping, great beaches and nice long sea-front promenade. This small town also enjoys the status of homosexual-friendly place. If you are looking for a great affordable summer beach and fun holidays, close to Malaga, Torremolinos is your place.
Sabinillas is a small town on Costa del Sol, situated on the coastal road between Estepona and Sotogrande. Sabinillas can often be mistaken for Duquesa or Manilva as the three small towns lie just next to each other.
Sabinillas is one of the least crowded Costa del Sol beach resorts. The town boasts nearly 8 kms of great sandy beaches. The local beach has been honoured with the prestigious blue flag. There are some excellent restaurants and tapas bars near the sea promenade.
Recently, it has become very popular, especially among young families, due to relatively low property prices, peacefulness and a number of parks with attractions for kids.
The nearby Duquesa is an even more charming place to stay. The town boasts beautiful sea promenade, big yacht marina encircled with a wide selection of promenade bars, tapas and restaurants and the ruins of a 18th century old castle that you can enter for free. Duquesa is mostly inhabited by Gibraltar frontier workers and British expats, so it’s easy to make friends for those who don’t speak Spanish.
Sabinillas and Duquesa are perfect destinations if you are looking for a simple quiet leisurely beach holidays with a family or group of friends. Within 20km radius of Sabinillas, there are eight great golf courses, so it can also be recommended for golf holidays.
The Sabinillas-Duquesa area is located only half an hour drive from Gibraltar, so the best way is to fly to Gibraltar.
Find all the practical information, helpful tips and opinions on holidays in Sabinillas, Spain. Check out Sabinillas’s top attractions, recommended places to stay and best things to do. Read about the best restaurants in Sabinillas, Andalucia. Plan and book your vacations today with Best Andalucia guide. Sabinillas can be a perfect place for beach & fun and family holidays.
Best Sabinillas Hotels
Find and book top hotels in Sabinillas, Spain. Check hotels in Sabinillas in Andalucia offering good value for money. Pick the hotel that best suits you and your budget.
Sabinillas Holiday Rental
Find and rent apartments, houses and villas for summer holidays in Sabinillas, Spain. Choose from the best variety of properties. Luxury holiday homes with private pools, sports facilities and more. Enjoy spectacular holidays in Sabinillas, Andalusia.
Costa de la Luz is widely considered the best holiday coast on the Iberian Peninsula. Wide beaches set in unspoilt countryside. Never overcrowded with soft golden sand and shallow crystal-clear waters. Affordable and quiet seaside hotels and holiday houses… If you don’t mind lack of fancy restaurants and shops of Costa del Sol or won’t miss full English breakfasts, you will fall in love with Costa de la Luz!
From time to time this idyllic vision of Costa de la Luz can be somewhat spoilt by excessive wind which makes sand get into your eyes when you lie flat on a beach towel, but, then again, the wind also makes Costa de la Luz the favourite destination for kitesurfers and windsurfers in Europe.
Costa de la Luz can be divided in three parts. The eastern region west of Tarifa, the middle Cadiz region and the most remote eastern Huelva region, up to Algarve in Portugal. We have prepared a separate ranking of the best beaches for regular beach goers for each region. Have a look at the most recommended beaches in the part of the Coast of the Light where you have booked your holidays!
Most popular beaches close to Tarifa
1. Bolonia Beach – once you leave the highway, it takes around 7 km to get to the beach, but the great time you are going to have in Bolonia is well worth the effort. The shallow waters in the large Bolonia bay make it an ideal destination for family holidays. In the quite northern part of the beach there is a 30 metre high famous sand dune surrounded by pine forest – get to the top to enjoy great views of the beach! Just next to the beach there is Baelo Claudia, the remains of a Roman fish-salting factory.
The sunny bay of Bolonia
2. Los Lances beach in Tarifa – most popular in Tarifa. Long family-friendly beach located in the northern part of the city between the small Chica beach and Rio Jara beach where the river enters the sea. Starting point of the Atlantic. Next to the kite surfing hot spot. Great for long family walks, great for sunbathing. Great crystal clear water.
Los Lances beach in Tarifa
3. Punta Paloma beach near Tarifa – located to the east of the famous surfing and kite surfing Valdevaqueros beach. Punta Paloma can be divided into two parts. The eastern more popular wider part features sand dunes. The western part of Punta Paloma is a secluded and narrow beach strip that ends at Arroyo de los Puercos. The only two ways to reach the strip is either a 20 min walk from the Punta Paloma parking or through a sandy pine forest. This narrow part offers loads of privacy, as it’s hidden behind steep bushy hills which often guard you not only from behind, but also from the left and right. For this reason, it is quite popular among nudists.
Playa Punta Paloma
4. Zahara de los Atunes, local beach – from the centre of Zahara you can access a fantastic wide 6 km long local beach. It’s never crowdy, even in peak season when people from inland Spain flock to the coast to seek relief from the heat. Zahara beach boasts some great fish restaurants and nice bars around. The water is mostly shallow – ideal for water fun, or snorkelling. There is a camping site nearby as well.
Wide beach in Zahara de los Atunes
Most popular beaches close to Cadiz
1. El Palmar beach near Conil de la Frontera and Vejer de la Frontera – one of the most popular beaches on Costa de la Luz, massive beach, 8 km long and 50 metre wide, with really warm water most of the summer, becouse of it’s size and the fact that it is not located directly in Conil it’s never overcrowded, even on summer weekends. The water is really shallow, therefore recommended for kids.
El Palmar beach
2. La Fontanilla beach in Conil de la Frontera – popular family beach in Conil, very close to the town centre, safe and well quipped beach with sun loungers, showers, toilets, lifeguards and red cross. The La Fontanilla beach turns is directly connected with another popular family beach Los Bateles
La Fontanilla beach
3. Zahora beach near Barbate – nice beach with great views of the Cape Trafalgar, one of the warmest waters in the area – the water is shallow and the waves low, difficult to access the beach by car which makes the beach perfect for those seeking tranquillity.
Zahora beach seen from the Cape Trafalgar
4. Los Canos de Meca, local beach, close to Barbate and Vejer de la Frontera – beach in a small sleepy village, beach sheltered by cliffs where the village is perched, never overcrowded, close to the famous CapeTrafalgar, camp sites available there, located 10-12 km off the main A48 road.
5. Cortadura beach, Cadiz suburbs– located at the entrance to Cadiz, the biggest beach in Cadiz, the only virgin beach in the city – 3900 meters long and about 60 meters wide, the characteristic feature of the beach is a long line of dunes that separates the beach from the road, there is a car parking available along the beach
6. Caleta beach in Cadiz – small size beach, the only beach in Old Cadiz, therefore, very popular in summer, nice views of Cadiz, especially during sunsets, shallow water, all the best restaurants and bars just across the street.
Most popular beaches close to Huelva
1. Isla Cristina beachesnear Huelva – west of Huelva, lots of water all around you as if you were on an island, 12 kms of nicest beaches in Huelva, excellent sea food restaurants nearby, great atmosphere in summer, this popular summer destination can get sometimes overcrowded on summer weekends
2. Beaches between El Portil and Punta Umbria, near Huelva – west of Huelva, miles-long stretches of somewhat secluded beaches conveniently located along the A-5052 road
Long beach in El Portil
3. Rompeculos beach near Huelva – east of Huelva, very wide 3 km long beach, beautiful countryside and nature around, close to the Donana natural Park; Rompeculos is close to the famous Cuesta Maneli beach which is equally beautiful, however, it is difficult to quickly access Cuesta Maneli on foot.
Rompeculos beach near Huelva
4. La Costilla beach in Rota – the most popular beach in Rota which tends to be a little be overcrowded in summer, lots of restaurants and bars located just next to the beach, very high standards including sun loungers, peddle boats, showers or changing rooms
5. El Rompidillo beach in Rota – the main beach in the city running alongside the town, clean and well taken care of beach, beautiful promenade
6. Pierdas Gordas beach in Rota – 2 km long, not many beach-goers can be found there, nice sand dunes and pine trees around.