Make your way down the canyons, gorges, waterfalls by jumping, splashing in the water, swimming, climbing, crawling and sliding! Get out into nature, marvel at stunning scenery while you manoeuvre through various natural obstacles.
Canyoning is an increasingly popular activity all around the world and Andalucia provides excellent conditions to indulge in this exhilarating fun and adrenaline-inciting activity. Big mountains, hills, different rock formations, numerous streams and small rivers and great weather most of the year make Andalusia a canyoner’s paradise.
It’s possible to book a canyoning adventure with one of the many companies operating on Costa del Sol, Andalusia which offer safe canyoning experience. However, if you are professional and have your own equipment, you can also do some barranquismo in Andalucia individually. Remember, however, that you will first need a permission from the local department, in Spanish medio ambiente.
POPULAR CANYONING SPOTS IN ANDALUCIA, SPAIN
- BENAHAVIS – Rio Guadalmina near Benahavis.
- MARBELLA – Rio Verde to the west of Marbella
- CANILLAS DE ACEITUNO (60 km east of Malaga) – Rio Almanchares
- SIERRA NEVADA REGION– e.g. RIO SALERES and other small rivers west of Albunuelas
- SERRENIA DE RONDA – small rivers e.g. Rio Zuas
- AlMUNECAR – OTIVAR (east of Motril) – e.g. Rio Lentegi
- ZAHARA DE LA SIERRA – Garganta Verde
- SIERRA DE LAS NIEVES – Jorox region