Top kayaking & canoeing places in Andalucia
1. Tarifa kayaking – Playa Chica (the Mediterranean part of Tarifa) as well as Valdevaqueros-Punta Paloma route are the top two places for kayaking on Costa de la Luz region. There is a surf ski company operating in Tarifa (sit on top type of kayak), Epic Surfski Centre.
2. Algeciras kayaking – starting point Getares beach in Algeciras and the finishing point Punta Carnero, very popular route, great for beginners. Punta Carnero offers unforgettable views of the Gibraltar Strait and Morocco.
3. Cabo de Gata-Níjar near Almeria – amazing route on the beautiful sea. Great views of the rocky coastline, magical cave tunnels on the way. Depending on how much you want to see, the trip can last anytime from a few hours to full day. There are companies organizing kayak tours there. Much recommended.
4. Nerja-Maro kayaking – stunningly beautiful route along the Maro beach, crystal-clear water, beautiful rock formations, small waterfalls – all this make you feel as if you were in a paradise. The water is very shallow in most places, so it’s safe as well. There are companies organizing kayak tours there. Much recommended.
5. Fuengirola kayak rental – if you spend your holidays on Costa del Sol and have little resources to organize a kayaking trip, head off to Fuengirola. There is a water sports centre where you can rent a single boat (25 Euros for half day)/double boat 935 Euros for half day) and much more – Cristopher’s Kayak Rental.
6. Vinuela lake near Malaga canoeing – perfect for beginners as the lake is much calmer than sea, beautiful turquoise lake, only 50 kms inland from Malaga. It’s possible o rent a canoe at the local sailing club.
7. Zahara de la Sierra reservoir kayaking – the picturesque lake, surrounded by mountains and guarded by the beautiful white village, is a perfect venue for kayaking in summer. The western side of the lake, to the right of the A-2300 road, has three good starting points where you can easily park your car. Much recommended.